Saturday, October 6, 10:00am – noon
- Stewart Schwartz, Coalition for Smarter Growth
- Stella Koch, Audubon Naturalist Society
- Tania Hossain, Fairfax Federation
- Jenifer Joy Madden, Fairfax Advocates for Better Bicycling
- JoAnne Fiebe, Fairfax Office of Community Revitalization
We learned about the ins-and-outs of stormwater runoff and stream health by surveying Long Branch Creek (bring shoes that can get wet if you’re up for adventure!). We also checked out some of the area’s new transit-oriented development, and talk about ever-present issues of pedestrian and bicycle safety. Plus, we had a great group of speakers that is sure to make this tour an excellent way to spend a fall morning.
image by danreed! on Flickr